Jeppsen's

Jeppsen's

Friday, June 12, 2009

I miss the mountains!

I took a last minute trip to Coeurd'Alene with the kids last week. I made the drive on my own and we all survived. Although we had the flu bug when we got there. That was a ton of no fun and then we shared it with my mom and dad. YUCK! We were there 5 days and only had one day of everyone being healthy. So we packed our one day full of FUN.
The picture of the lake is just as you are getting into town. It's how our girls know that we made it. They are so excited to see the lake. I get excited too. I don't realize how much I miss the mountains and trees until I get there. The weather was Gorgeous 80-85 degrees. It was perfect. It rained at home everyday we were gone. I picked a great week to go.


My Aunt Mae and Grandma too the girls to Tito Macaroni's for Lunch. The girls got to make their own pizzas. They were so cute in their hats and being their own chefs.


I took the girls to the lake one afternoon. It's still very cold but they wanted to give it a try. They didn't stay in very long. Duncan was so HAPPY to see us. We have all missed him. He's starting to show his age, and it was very frustrating to the girls. He couldn't run endlessly like he once did. It's just part of old age. He was still very sweet with the kids as always. He kept inching closer to Brooklyn's towel. He wanted to lay on it with her. Notice the one paw. Jay loved the animals. He always had a stick, a bat or a golf club in hand.
Papa got the 4 wheeler out when we all were feeling better. The girls helped Papa plant trees. And by help I mean played in the field.

My parents took the girls fishing early Saturday morning. The girls help dig for worms, and then headed to the lake. B caught 3 and Mady 2. Brooklyn was very upset with Papa when he kept throwing hers back in the water. She came home in tears. I explained "They needed to be with there families" It held her over until she forgot about it. But they really did have a lot of fun. That was a big part of why I took them. Brooklyn asked me a couple of weeks ago when they could go fishing. Jappy and I aren't into baiting the hook or getting the fish off the hook, BUT PAPA WILL.

B and Duncan

Mady and Jack

Nana found the lil pool. He LOVED it He was in there for at least an hour. He'd climb out and in.

Saturday was also my dad's stations open house. We watched the helicopter land, ate cookies and hotdogs, and jumped in the bounce house. They also had a rock climbing wall and both the girls were brave enough to try. Mady went right to the top without hesitation and Brooklyn mad it 2/3 the way up and was ready to come down. I don't know why I don't have any pictures of that but there on my moms Blog if you want to those. Along with some fishing ones.
Our last night Papa made a fire and we had Smore's it was a great end to a full day.
It was a good visit but it would have been better if we wouldn't of gotten sick. But oh well. The girls needed time at Nana and Papa's. I hope they think it was worth it. Cause we do.

7 comments:

TIFF said...

I always realize how much I miss it when I'm there too! I'll be there next week. One of these times we all need to reunite.

Mandy said...

It's so nice to come home! There's no place like it. Sounds like it was just what you needed. Would've been fun to see you guys, but not to get the pukes!! That stinks. Will you be up again this summer?

Megan Jo Eddie said...

Sounds like such a fun trip. We'll have to commute some time together to see both our families. We love you guys. Thanks so much for having us over and making us always feel so welcome.

Durgin Family said...

You made me cry! well I guess Jay made me cry. He's gotten so big! He is adorable! I miss northern Idaho too and I didn't even grow up there. Don't you think of moving back! Come to Boise, it's a little closer!

Annie and Family said...

How fun for you! (All except the driving by yourself and the flu) HA Ha. Your kids are so grown up! Brett was laughing when he saw your little guy... he wanted to know if his name was BEN. I guess we broke the same name trend. :)


Annie and the gang

Call Family said...

Cute pics of the kids Jen! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Holly said...

Looks like ya all had a great time! How could you not? We are in CDA now and lovin every minute of it!! Ya really take advantage of how beautiful this area is until your gone.