Jeppsen's

Jeppsen's

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The calm before the storm

Our Holiday weekend was fabulous, and relaxing. The week after....... NOT SO MUCH
We made a trip to Coeur d'Alene to clean our house there. The renters finally moved out (After living rent FREE for 2 mos, and Trashing it) Aren't Renters LOVELY?
We have a company that is SUPPOSE to check on it, but obviously that wasn't happening. What am I paying them for?? SERIOUSLY.
We got in late Wednesday night and spent Thursday and Friday literally scrubbing every wall and surface. Then Saturday we painted almost every wall and surface. That's not counting the holes, door hanging, and sheet rocking my dad fixed, leaking sinks, Uncle John fixed All 3 of them, and All the windows that Aunt Mae cleaned. It was Truly Disgusting, I will never understand how people could live in such FILTH.
Thank goodness for my mom who had our kids all day, or it would have taken us 3 more days. It was a grueling 3 days, and we still didn't get everything finished.
We could NEVER express our GRATITUDE to everyone who worked tirelessly with us. We were VERY tempted to Sell it. I don't want to have to do this again. But after visiting with our Realtor decided to rent it out again. We will be taking more of a hands on approach with this next renter, and property management company.
Our girls told my mom one day "This is our worst trip to Coeur d' Alene, cause we haven't gotten to spend anytime with Grandpa" So sad I would have to agree with it being our worst trip there. We didn't get to play games, or see any friends, or do anything fun.
We owe our family a ton. After we left on Sunday, they finished the house during the next week. We are now ready for someone to move in. Someone CLEAN PLEASE!

My Dad: I think the paint fumes were getting to him:)
Aunt Mae : The BEST Cleaner and window washer I know

5 comments:

Marley Family said...

That stinks!! Pray for clean renters!

TIFF said...

That really stinks, we had bad luck with one set of renters too. Needless to say, the next family that moved in was fabulous, hope that is your luck as well!

Hans Stutz said...

Sorry to hear that, Hope the new year brings you guys lots of good times and that things get better, take care

Amishka said...

After reading that I'm even
happier we decided to sell our house instead of rent it.

The Larsons said...

Ugh! SO frustrating. I truly know your pain. I was bummed to not get to see you while we were there too! You should have called on us to help! Sounds like you had great help, and so glad it is back in good condition. I'll pray you get good renters this time around!