Jeppsen's

Jeppsen's

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Guilt is a funny thing.  After the shooting in Sandy hook I heard a lot of parents talk about survivors guilt. Parents who were relieved that their child was spared but saddened by those who were not.  Yesterday I felt this same way.  A friend of ours 2 month old baby passed away due to complications of SIDS over the weekend.  I have survivors guilt. Every time I hold our baby, or he smiles at me, or even when I just walk by him while he's laying on the couch. I feel guilt. Guilt that our friend won't be able to hold her baby, or hear his first laugh, or experience the million other milestones that come from raising him. Our Girls fasted this past Sunday for the very first time. They fasted for their friends. That they would be comforted.  I was amazed at the faith that they had,  They did not complain once of their hunger, but were so focused on the Savior easing this families heartache. 
Jappy and I have talked about how quickly our lives could change. That this unspeakable heartache just as easily could have been ours. We have mourned with those that mourn. We have prayed for Peace and comfort Be with this family in their time of Need, and Loss.  And we have held and kissed our baby a million times. For we don't know when our mission on earth is done.

1 comments:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I felt the exact same way, when I was going about my day and drove by there house to pick somebody up from school and saw them all dressed in their suits and walking slowly into the house. My heart stopped for a moment and made me realize the importance of everything. My heart aches for them. i hope with so much love and faith they will get through this. i'm so proud of your girls and their fasting- what good parents you are to lead as examples. love them and you all. please give pax a kiss from me too.