Jeppsen's

Jeppsen's

Friday, September 5, 2008

First Day of School, Visit from Nana and Papa


Nana came for a visit We had a fun week with her. The girls enjoyed having someone to play with. And I enjoyed having someone cook and clean do the laundry, and take care of the kids. They went to the park, out to lunch, jumped on the trampoline, had tea parties, played games, and Nana sewed the girls costumes for Halloween, and did some mending of pants. She was a busy Nana!


Pinkies up


Papa came on Friday and the girls were excited to see him. He made them a ladder for the trampoline and read them books and played games.




We had a good time the with them and it was sad to see them leave. The girls have asked everyday since they've been gone when they will get to see them again. After mom and dad pulled out of the drive way to head home Brooklyn cried, and cried she didn't want them to leave. We really do miss them, and wish we could see them more often.



Mady's First Day of School !

We have made it through our first few weeks of First grade. It has been a lil bit of a challenge getting up early and her ready by 8:20 in the morning but we're getting it figured out. I did however, fail to pick Mady up on the first day of school. I felt like a terrible mother. Apparently I didin't get the memo that it was only a half day. I got a phone call from Mady saying "mom where are you?" Talk about a poor parenting moment. But she wasn't traumatized no big deal. I think I wasn't more upset by it then her.

Mady loves her teacher and is doing well in class. Her teacher is actually a member and is in our ward. It's crazy to think that she's old enough to be in first grade and be there all day. Brooklyn is enjoying her days with mom, but usually by lunch time is asking when Mady gets home. Brooklyn starts preschool on Tuesday and we're excited about that. We met her teacher yesterday and we think she is going to be perfect for Brooklyn.
( I love him in BLUE )
Jay is almost a month old. Holy Cow time is flying by. I'll post pictures of his blessing in a few days. He is changing everyday. He thinks he wants to suck his thumb. This does not go over well with me. I will NOT have a thumb sucker. Nana and Jappy think it's so cute, and it is but like I've been telling them it won't be cute when he's headed to school with his thumb in his mouth. His hair is lightening up. I guess he won't keep his dark hair. I'll just have to enjoy it while it lasts. He's not loosing it, it's just turning blonde.
He is a very good baby For the most part he sleeps well at night sleeping 4-5 hours at a time, and eating every 2 1/2 - 3 hours during the day. The girls enjoy him still, and are very helpfull. I'm still trying to get things figured out as far as how to get things done while taking care of a newborn. I have forgotten how much work they are, (and how many times I have to change their clothes). I've been spoiled with two older independent girls. All in all thinkgs are going well, and we are all stil adjusting, but it has all been worth it!

4 comments:

Lowd and Proud said...

Hey- I'm so glad for an update! Baby Jay is looking so cute!

The Taylor Family said...

Jen- He is darling! My parents told me that they saw you and your mom & dad at "johnny-b-good's" Isn't that place sooo good! We live so close that we really need to get together and do something!:) Anyways- He is so cute. Love ya- Gennelle

Mandy said...

What would we do without our moms? They are so wonderful. You have such a great mom to come and help out, sounds like you guys really had a great visit! I can't believe Jay is already a month old! Wow.

I have to put my pitch in for pro-thumb-sucking. I wish my kids would suck their thumb. Some kids just really have a strong sucking reflex and need to suck all the time. Thumbs are better than pacifiers because they can get it themselves wherever you are (especially at night) and it calms them. And, from what I hear from other moms, they usually grow out of it themselves fairly easily.

And Mady in first grade! That's so crazy. What a big difference to be gone ALL day. What a big kid. How nice for you when B starts preschool to have your mornings with just Jay!!! Loved all the pics!

Dave and Jen said...

Jen- It's so fun to have a boy around. It looks like his hair as calmed down. Thank goodness for our moms. I don't know what I would do either. I can say that I can not do my caning without her. But we need to keep them busy. Time does fly by.You need to come home. o I need to see the little man. Talk to you later