Jeppsen's

Jeppsen's

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Security Breach

Last week we had a security system installed in our house. We've thought about it a lot and a salesmen came to the door and we decided it was too good of a deal to pass up.
Anyways Today I needed to run a quick errand I was gone 20 min. Jay was asleep so I left Mady in charge.I set the alarm and told the girls
"DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR, I SET THE ALARM". .. I Came home and the girls were in tears, and said that the alarm had gone off. Just about then there was a loud knock at the door. I opened it "Hello Officer I'm soo soo Sorry everything is fine. It was an accident Thank you for coming. The FOUR Officers Looked at the crying girls and said "Your not in trouble it's okay". I thanked them again and shut the door. ( I'm really glad they didn't have their guns drawn, That would have added more trauma to them)
So we had a demonstration with how to dis arm the alarm. Poor Brooklyn says about 5 mins later, still in tears remind you.
" Mom you know the police already scare me."
OH I FEEL TERRIBLE!!
But we do know that it works and that the police will show up.
This was just a TEST.
(I'm trying to be positive)

2 comments:

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

So sad! But yet hilarious... I'm sorry the girls were scared, but I can definitely relate to the inconvenience of false alarms! The animals kept setting off our motion detector and we had to get the sensitivity reset...

Hope your weekend goes better and you enjoy your newfound safety! What is your alarm company? We have Apex because they were doing one of those deals where if you're the first house in the neighborhood they set you up for free and you just pay the monthly fee--is that what you guys did too?

Lowd and Proud said...

Poor Brooklyn....she is traumatized!!! Funny story though. It is great to laugh at your kids expense sometimes. Have a good weekend!