Jeppsen's

Jeppsen's

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year

We started the New Year with a Bang. We had a last minute get together. It was a lot of fun. We had good food and fun games. Spills on the carpet, and hole in the wall later Our last guest left at 2:45 am. We all slept in until 1:30 the next day. Jay included. . We almost missed midnight We were so busy doing other things. It's always fun to get together with friends, and to just enjoy visiting and catching up. Even though we live close to each other and we're all in the same ward it just seems we never get a chance to really connect. Although as I was walking through the hall today after church I was informed that we will be hosting another party on Thursday. I'm getting all kinds of chances to catch up with the families in the ward. We do love having everyone over, it makes life fun.

Jay rolled over this week front to back, and back to front. He's laughing more, that has been really fun. Night time is when he gets really vocal He loves to touch our face and grab our hair. He's gotten Brooklyn to cry a few times from pulling her hair. But she still puts her face in his.
He likes to sit up. He hasn't mastered it on his own but he tries. He's enjoying his cereal. I think he just likes to eat no matter what. Jappy was holding him and getting a drink of water and Jay reached out for his cup. It was cute. This week Jay has started sleeping in his crib all night. Today he didn't wake up till 8 am. Brooklyn doesn't like him in there cause he wakes her up when he cries, so we're rearranging the sleeping arrangements. I really hate the girls sharing a room but I don't think I have any other choice. Who would think that in a 5 bedroom house they'd have to share a room.

Jay sitting up.

Licking the bowl

1st time in the crib Don't you love his sheet? ALL BOY!!
Our ward time has changed to 9 am. We made it almost on time. I'll be better prepared next week. Jappy has a 7:45 morning meeting so I get everyone ready and to church by myself. I Usually get to church with 10 min to spare. So I have some fine tuning to do before next Sunday. Last Sunday we had a snow/wind storm. Jappy didn't have a meeting so we got to drive in the same car (that hasn't happened in a while) It was a good thing cause one of our neighbors- also headed to church got stuck in a snow drift. Jap tried to push her out but her car was high centered on the drift. Another neighbor came a long (on their way to church) and they tried to get her out together, still didn't work. So Mike went back and got a tow rope and pulled her out. It makes me smile thinking of Jap in the snow with the gravel being thrown onto his newly dry cleaned suit. It was a fun adventure.

Santa brought Jay some lil soft balls that are perfect for him to grab.
Well our lil Diva put them in her shirt and calling them her boo boo's was dancing around the house. She is such a character. I thought she was to young for this.
Mady heads back to school tomorrow. This truly has been a vacation for her. I don't think the girls have gone to bed before 10 o'clock. (I'm usually a real stickler to bedtime routine). They went days with out bathing or brushing their teeth (poor parenting on our part) So tonight everything comes to an end. She'll be headed to bed at 7 tonight to insure a good nights rest. We're all ready to get back to our routine.

5 comments:

Lowd and Proud said...

Why does the bedtime routine cease to exist over Christmas break? Connor doesn't go back to school until Jan. 20th(YIKES)!!! I'm glad you made it safe back from Idaho. Talk to you soon!

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

That B is so crazy! The "boo boos" is too much! She's such a teenager already... I can't believe how big Jay is already--who knows what he'll be doing next time we see him! We had fun times playing games with friends on New Year's Eve too even though I had to work at 6am, but your stories always make me wish we lived closer so we could hang out with you more often! When's the next get together? Easter at your place? I think I only have 1 week of leave left for the year so we'll have to make it good!

TiAnn said...

JEN,
Thanks for the friendly reminder that it has been 10 years. Holy Crap! Here is the low down on us. I graduate in May, so I am already looking for a job. If we are still in Boise we will go. Derek, not that I speak for him but in July he will be stationed somewhere in the world. It was brought up during christmas that we will be having the reunion this summer. He was about as excited as going to a stake dance. I'm sure you can imagine, Derek hated those things.
Tyler I don't see to often, but I can get in touch with him.
Sounds like your family is doing great. Thanks for reminder. Talk to you soon.

TiAnn said...

Good question, at this point Derek is in the Army working on becoming a medic, he wants to become a radiologist. Right now he is in San Antonio training. He will finish training in April. I am still explaining what I do to my in-laws and some of my family. I am working on a masters in athletic administration from ISU. I currently am the box office manager in the athletic department at Boise State. Tiann jokes because people think I work in a actual box office like at a movie theater. I actually work on the operations side of ticketing like, season tickets, player tickets, planning and running events. I travel with the football team to away games and bowl games and with the basketball team to tournaments making sure that we are compliant with NCAA rules. It is a very fun job and they pay for school. I am looking for a job at another university where I can be an assistant athletic director of ticket operations. So, one more semester to go and I am done.

The Larsons said...

LOVE the licking of the bowl! Looks like you've been in touch with some about the reunion. Fun stuff!